Thursday, February 10, 2011

SAMPLE COVER LETTER

Joy Wendo Oluoch
P.O BOX 1644257-00610, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +2547244983160
Email: ojwendo@gmail.com

Dear Sir / Madam,

RE: POSITION OF PROGRAM MANAGER

I am submitting my application to join your organization as a Program Manager. I am currently working as an Emergency Project Officer with CARE-Kenya. Prior to this I was Drought Monitoring Officer in Karamoja region, Uganda.

These two positions have prepared me well for a variety of development and administrative duties. These include conflict management, coordinate programme activities, facilitating and maintaining community relations and overseeing nutrition surveys. I am competent in peacebuilding, monitoring the distribution of supplies and development of plans for emergency response.

Furthermore, my degree in Chemistry equipped me with attention to detail, problem solving, written and communication skills. These competencies would greatly add to my effectiveness as a member of your team.

I have a strong working experience with communities and implementing projects in peacebuilding and capacity building. I am highly proficient in modern research methods, report writing and computer and internet applications. My long experince in collaborating with local administration is also useful in successful implementaion of programs.

Given my monitoring and report writing skills and ability to develop and maintain community relations, I believe that I will be an asset to your organization. I have also undergone numerous and vigorous courses that have strengthened my profile. These include Peacebuilding and Conflict Management Facilitation Skills and Approaches to Participatory Integrated Community Development.

I am drawn to your organization as I am keen to work in a field that promotes community development and sustainability of projects. I would be honored to be a part of the change facilitated by your organization.

Sincerely,


Joy W. Oluoch

No comments:

Post a Comment